Mother, Can You Not?

Saturday, May 14, 2016


"Mother, Can You Not" was as good as I thought it would be.  Parts were a little slow and less entertaining than others, but overall this was pretty great.  Funny, entertaining, a quick read, a good coffee table book for guests.  Perfect to lend to some friends.  I could relate a lot to this since I have a close relationship with my own mother.  But the further into this I got the more I realized how sane and normal my mom is compared to others.  Siegel's mom is one I would love to have over for dinner or share a beach house with on vacation.  CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SHENANIGANS?  While there were some stories that made me question if they really happened, the further into the book I got the more I realized yeah, they probably really happened.  I liked that this had humor and lessons in it.  Siegel's mom may be a bit "extreme" to some (not me) but you can't read this and think she doesn't love her daughter.  She always encouraged her to follow her dreams.  That's what all kids want, a supportive parent.  Now, my mom never stole a kitten from a shelter, but it sounds like something I would do and in that same situation, she would have helped me.  It was fun to read the texts and think, "Yep, she's like my mom" or "Ohhhh man, how is she not DYING from embarrassment!?"  This was a well-rounded book.  The writing was great, the texts were funny, the mom amazing.  Definitely worth a read!



** I was received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs